If you have the desire to change the shape, size, strength, and appearance of your tooth, you could be a great candidate for a dental crown!
A dental crown in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, is a tooth-shaped cap that covers the entire surface of your tooth to restore its health and enhance your smile. This is a great option for those who need to:
- Protect a weak tooth and keep it from breaking
- Fix a broken tooth
- Restore a tooth that has been severely worn down
- Support a tooth that has a large filling
- Hold a dental bridge in place
- Cover a dental implant
- Improve the appearance of a severely discolored tooth
- Make a cosmetic alteration
- Save a tooth that has been extremely damaged from decay
The process involved in placing a dental crown requires two trips to Michelle Sanor. During your first visit, Dr. Michelle A. Sanor will numb your tooth, shave its surfaces, make impressions of your tooth, and send the impressions to the dental lab where the crown will be made. During your second visit, your dentist will check the crown, make any needed adjustments to the product, and cement it into place. If you decide to improve the health of your oral cavity with a dental crown, we strongly recommend avoiding sticky and hard foods and also chewing your food and gum on the opposite side of your mouth until your dentist says otherwise.
To learn more about dental crowns, call our office today!